Monday, January 17, 2011

A New Project

Well, I'm embarking on a cool journey for 2011.  Before the what, however, here's the why...

I've always had a desire to own my own business.  Part of it is the fact that my dad is a successful entrepreneur, and the other part is my hillbilly rebel nature to not follow someone else.  The one thing keeping me from jumping head on into a business venture is my family.  My wife and two daughters need to be fed, and my current job does that just fine.  I don't want to mess that up by risking our finances...yet.

So, for most of 2010, I schemed for a way to start a business up with minimal capital.  Lemonade stands, Stolex watches, etc...  Then I finally found something that struck my fancy.  I'm going to barter my way to the startup capital I need.

So on the 1st of January I set aside some stuff (junk to most) and hit Craigslist, Facebook, and Twitter (and this blog!).

The rules of my project are simple: I can only trade things I already own (or obtain for free) for other things.  That's it.  At the end of 2011 I will start a business with either the items I end up with, or with the capital I cash them out for (or a combination thereof).

I can't do this without you guys.  Any re-tweets, friend suggestions, or other marketing assistance would be the best!  This is a social project, and people are the key to my success...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment